Create Infiltration Wells
Create Infiltration Wells. When biopore holes are less effective for the Infiltration of water in the yard, you can make Infiltration wells. Recharge wells is 100-140 cm diameter hole and a depth of 150-300 meters which serves as a temporary reservoir of rainwater overflow of gutters home. Walls of the well can be made of brick or adobe. The bottom of the well is filled with rubble 20-30 cm and fibers.
In the manufacture of recharge wells there are several conditions that must be observed to ensure the condition of water being stored is quite clear and effective Infiltration.
- Infiltration wells should only be made on relatively flat ground. Distance recharge wells at least 100 cm from the foundation of the house and a minimum of 500 cm from the septic tank.
- Brick just coat the lip of the well up to half its depth. The other half is left not coated so that water being stored in it absorbed by the soil.
- Soil structure must have soil permeability (ability of the soil to absorb water) is greater than or equal to 2.0 cm / hour (that is, a puddle of water as high as 2 cm will seep out within 1 hour).
How it works recharge wells can be described as follows:
- Rainwater from the roof of the house flowed into the gutter.
- Guttering is connected from the edge of the roof down to the ground, and ends gutters direct water catchment wells penetrate walls. Thus, from the roof will be directly channeled into recharge wells.
- In the Infiltration wells, rainwater will be collected so as to have time to stay long enough to eventually slowly absorbed into soil cavities.
- Excess water will flow through the gap into the overflow ditch. Height of the overflow must be lower than the height capacity of Infiltration wells, to prevent water overflow re-enter the recharge wells.